TRANSFER OF COPYRIGHT AGREEMENT
Copyright to the above-listed unpublished and original article submitted by the above author(s), the abstract forming part thereof, and any subsequent errata (collectively, the ‘‘Article’’) is hereby transferred to the UEM International Journal of Engineering, Science & Management (UEMIJESM) for the full term thereof throughout the world, subject to the Author Rights and to acceptance of the Article for publication in UEM International Journal of Engineering, Science & Management (UEMIJESM) to ensure widest dissemination and protection against infringement. No proprietary right other than copyright is proclaimed by UEMIJESM. This transfer of copyright includes all material to be published as part of the Article (in any medium), including but not limited to tables, figures, graphs, movies, and other multimedia files. UEMIJESM shall have the right to register copyright to the Article in its name as claimant, whether separately or as part of the journal issue or other medium in which the Article is included.
Author(s) Rights. Each of the Author(s) retains the following rights:
- All other proprietary rights to the work such as patent;
- The right to reuse any portion of the work, without fee, in future works of the Author’s own, including books, lectures and presentations in all media, provided that the UEMIJESM citation, notice of the Copyright and the UEMIJESM DOI are included. Requests made on behalf of others, however (i.e. contributions to the work of other authors or other editors), usually require payment of a fee.
- The right to revise the work.
- The right to post the published version of the article on their own personal website and on their employer’s website / repository. Such posting is limited to non-commercial access and personal use by others, and must include the following notice embedded within the full text file and in the accompanying citation including the copyright of UEMIJESM.
- The right of an employer who originally owned the copyright to distribute definitive copies of its author-employees’ Work within its organization. Posting these works for access outside of the employer’s organization requires explicit permission from UEMIJESM.
Author (s) should understand that consistent with UEMIJESM policy of encouraging dissemination of information, each work published by UEMIJESM appears with the UEMIJESM copyright and the following notice: “Permission to Use the Article within their employer’s Institution or company for educational or research purposes, including use in course works, make digital or hard copies of part or all of this work for personal or classroom use is granted without fee provided that copies are not made or distributed for profit or commercial advantage and that copies bear this notice and the full citation on the first page. Copyrights for components of this work owned by others than UEMIJESM must be honored. Abstracting with credit is permitted. To copy otherwise, to republish, to post on servers or to redistribute to lists, requires prior specific permission and/or a fee”.
I hereby declare, on behalf of myself and my co-authors (if any), that:
- The article submitted is an original work and has neither been published anywhere else nor is under consideration for publication elsewhere. Moreover, the article does not breach any existing copyright or any other third party rights.
- I am/we are the sole author(s) of the article and preserve the authority to enter into this agreement and the granting of rights to UEMIJESM does not violate any clause of this agreement.
iii. The article contains no such material that may be illegal, offensive, or which would, if published, in any way whatsoever, defy the terms and conditions as laid down in the agreement.
- I/we permit the revision, preparation of derivative works, oral presentation or sharing, along with the commercial application of the work.
- No responsibility is assumed by UEMIJESM, its staff or members of the editorial board for any injury and/or damage to persons or property as a matter of products liability, negligence or otherwise, or from any use or operation of any methods, products instruction, advertisements or ideas contained in a publication by UEMIJESM.